Thursday, July 22, 2010

rainy wednesday

My day off is Wednesday, and each Wednesday has been a dreary, wet Scottish day.  This doesn't stop you from doing anything, it simply is the weather.  Yesterday was no exception, but there was the additional benefit as the day went on the temperature dropped and the wind increased.  I have been wearing a beanie cap on the colder days to keep my head warm, and yesterday the wind nearly took it off me.

However, during night worship, the sun broke through.  I have posted an image of the sun against the south wall of the Abbey.  Wednesday night is creative space worship, and we had been invited to wander throughout the Abbey and enjoy the space.  What we discovered was that while we were inside worshiping, God was outside creating -- a double rainbow.

This is a thin place.

No comments:

Post a Comment