Thursday, June 14, 2012

Catching up

I haven arrived back on Iona, and the weather was amazing. It was my just trip across Mull on a beautiful day. So that was wonderful.my delay in posting has been due to having my niece and cousin with me. So the tourist stuff took additional time, but also more fun, to see things with those who are seeing them for the first time. Did manage a climb up to McCaig's Folly, which over looks the town of Oban. Understand it sits on a hill above the town of Oban. The climb is largely straight up. I was calling for oxygen about half way up. It was meant to be a means to honor the town and employ men who were not able to get jobs. But he died and the money dried up, so it was never finished. So it is an expensive and interesting conversation piece. On top of a big hill. We came to Iona Wednesday the 13th and I started work today. I am only in the kitchen, and playing tour guide. More to come worship approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment