Sunday, July 22, 2012

When the time comes to move on, God is in the next place


      Are you good at moving on?  I appear to be good at moving on, but appearances can be deceptive.  I get very comfortable, and even when I know that I should move on, I don't.  At least, not until I get a significant nudge from God.  There have been some very critical and crucial moments, when I knew that I needed to take the next step, but fear, occasionally, and comfort more often, have kept in rooted in place.  I have even been miserable, but unmoving.  God whispers in that still, small voice, and I sort of answer, "really, but it is so nice here."  "Or I am not sure exactly what you are asking God, so I will stay here until you are a bit clearer."  And God, in that way that God has to frequently do with me, gently but firmly pulls the rug out from under me and I am moved.


      And always, God is already where I am going, and God has stuff there for me, and I am bewildered at what in the world I was hesitating for.  So this time when the decision was made for me to move on, I simply leaned into it.  I did not struggle or hesitate, but said "great, what is it I am to do?"  And while I have little glimmers of what may lie ahead, I do have a clear picture of what I should avoid ahead.  The unfortunate part is that the things I should avoid are traps of the known routine that I can easily fall into, and the glimmers are a bit more unknown.


      But there this a thin place ahead and God is already there.

No comments:

Post a Comment