Friday, September 30, 2011

Gate D-14 DFW International Airport

It is not often in the US that a person of Northern European descent stands out in a crowd. But when checking in for a Korean Air flight bound for Seoul, a Northern European is a bit distinctive. A Korean gentleman standing behind me in line asked me where I was going and I said Phnom Penh. He smiled then asked "are you a missionary?" And I responded that I was. He reached over and patted my shoulder and said "Bless you."

Making my way through security I met a woman going home to Vietnam and a young family going to Korea for their new daughter to meet her grandparents for the first time. At gate D-14 I met the remainder of my team and getting together for group photographs I asked my new Korean friend, Huen, to take our photograph. He agreed and then he and his wife joined us for our devotion. Huen related to us about his journey in Christianity. He had sustained many back injuries performing manual labor in the US and had become a person that sat with others in the hospital and prayed with them. So Huen offered a prayer in Korean, at gate D-14 in DFW International airport for us on our journey.

This is a thin place.

No comments:

Post a Comment